You will drive our brand new 28-seater executive tour vehicle, primarily on our Isle of Skye Day Tour initially.
Here at WOW Scotland we are committed to offering the highest quality and safest tours in the country, which is why our Isle of Skye tour always has a Tour Driver to safely transport our customers, and a Tour Guide to entertain them along the way. It’s a pretty simple concept, but one that sets us apart from our competitors. You will work closely with the guide, with your overall aim being to deliver an outstanding experience to all of our customers.
If you are interested, there may well be opportunities for you to get on the microphone too, where it is safe and appropriate to do so, as you and the Tour Guide will very much be working as a team. Additionally, when we stop at tour locations along the way you will be very much part of the tour guiding team, interacting with customers and ensuring that they are enjoying their day.
WOW Scotland has been awarded 5 star tour status by our national tourism body, Visit Scotland. We have also been rated by TripAdvisor as the number 1 provider of tours in Inverness, with over 1200 5 star reviews. We are very proud of our reputation and are always striving to innovate and improve. For those who enjoy driving, and who share our commitment to quality, this will be an ideal role for you.
Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following;
- Drive 28-seater vehicle safely and professionally
- Provide the highest level of customer service in the Scottish tour industry
- Carry out thorough vehicle checks each day
- Assist with meeting and greeting customers at the start of the tour
- Assist with the taking of meal orders
- Keep the vehicle clean and tidy during the tour
- Converse with customers at each stop, ensuring that they are happy and comfortable
- Provide assistance to customers, particularly those with special requirements
- Work closely with the tour guide to provide a seamless service
- And finally, be an ambassador for WOW Scotland at all times
Essential experience and skills
- P.C.V License plus CPC card
- Minimum age of 25 for insurance purposes (although exceptions might be made for exceptional candidates)
- Commitment to excellent customer service and a desire to go the extra mile to ensure that tourists have the best possible experience in Scotland
- Interest in and passion for Scotland, and particularly the Scottish Highlands
- Enthusiastic and energetic – a fun personality is essential
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems
Desirable experience and skills
- Minimum of one year’s experience driving, ideally with a tourism focus (e.g.driver guiding for another tour company)
- Broad knowledge of Scottish history, geography, folklore, nature and geology
Salary and working conditions
- Hourly pay of £10 – £11, commensurate with experience
- Excellent potential for tips
- Year round work available (although there are also opportunities for seasonal contracts, depending on your availability)
How to apply for this role
Please send your CV and a cover letter/email to email@example.com. The cover letter should outline why you would like to work for WOW Scotland, and what you feel you can bring to the role.
We look forward to hearing from you, and to welcoming some fantastic new tour drivers to our fun and growing team!